Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Slippers and Hats, Oh My!

Tuesday 2 October 2012
Hello and Welcome!
Okay, rethinking my last post. After a good night's sleep I decided that maybe not every man (big or little) on my list would like a pair of granny square slippers, so... I will also make caps or hats... not exactly what grandma made, but a new twist on an old tradition, right?

                                      Beginner Crochet Cap, free pattern from Red Heart

I already had this one started in Redheart Super Saver Windsor Blue so I finished it today. Yay, I finished a project! http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-head-hugger-cap

My four-year-old grandson was over and I tried it on him. It fit. So, if I make it again I think I will add a few stitches right from the beginning circle. This hat was fun to make though.

This is the one I want to try next. This pattern is called Caramel Corn Hat and is from Lion Brand. The link to it is below:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0512.html?noImages=

This hat seems more traditional, but maybe not as manly? Anyway, I won't know until I try, right? So, this is the next project. I will let you know how it turns out.

I hope you had a good day today!
Terrie

No comments:

Post a Comment